Founded in 1955, Northside Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church located in Starke, between Jacksonville and Gainesville, Florida. We currently have an average attendance of 150-200 for Sunday worship service. We have Wednesday evening services for all age groups. Northside Baptist is known for expository preaching, a strong emphasis on discipleship and missions.
Northside Baptist exhibits a range of musical styles and is growing in its understanding of Biblical worship. We have an established worship team, choir, and instrumentalists, but we are always recruiting and looking for ways to grow and expand the ministry. We are seeking a full-time worship pastor who will join us in glorifying God, proclaiming the gospel, disciplining believers, and making Christ known to our community and people across the world.
Church Mission Statement:
Northside Baptist Church, we believe in the mission of God given to us through His Word as seen in the Great Commission and Great Commandment. We call it our L3 Strategy. Love God, Love Church, Love others. Everything we do is centered around this mission with these four values: Biblical, Missional, Intentional, Charitable.
Northside Christian Academy was founded in 2003 as a mission of Northside Baptist Church with just 10 kindergarten students at the start, God has blessed and grown the ministry to 400 students including preschool. The vision is NCA is to properly train students in the knowledge of God and ensure they are equipped to advance the Kingdom of God.
Academy Mission Statement:
The mission of Northside Christian Academy is to partner with families to provide a Biblically integrated education so that students will be able to discern the call of God on their life.
Job Title: Full-Time Worship Pastor
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Northside Baptist Church and Northside Christian Academy.
Position Description: The worship pastor will oversee and produce worship services and special programs, coordinating all-encompassing service details based on the theme and overall direction established by the Pastors. He must be a creative and passionate visionary in leading people to God after the pattern of our mission statement. The worship Pastor will be a team-builder with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop a long-term plan for growing the worship ministry and inspire those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is pastoral, requiring service not solely as a musical/performing arts director and ministry coordinator, but also as a spiritually mature shepherd to the people of the church.
Reports to: Pastors and personnel committee.
Supervises: Worship interns, choir members (senior, adult, youth, and children’s), Band members, and media team.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him expressed by ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of NBC.
- A Spirit-led life that exemplifies 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 and Titus 1: 5-9 and a willing spirit in the life-long pursuit of sanctification.
- Commitment to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and NBC Covenant.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader (minimum: 4 years)
- College education (minimum: bachelor’s degree) biblical studies preferred.
- Skilled use of technology in worship and of sound, lighting, computers, presentation software, and video projection.
- Pastoral experience characterized by care for others and a commitment to God’s Word (Minimum: 2 years of pastoral experience.)
- Creative ability to incorporate other art forms (minimum: Choral and instrumental arts; preferred: visual, graphic, and/or drama)
- Musical skills (minimum: expertise in choral/instrumental conducting; preferred: orchestration ability, personal instrumental proficiency)
- Strong leadership, organization, and administration skills
- An enthusiastic stage presence for leading large church worship.
- Positive experience and attitude in managing multiple employees, building relationships, and leading successful teams.
- Proven initiative and willingness to grow professionally.
- Family oriented.
- Invest time in developing relationships with lost people to be effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Set the standard for serving as a lead worshipper in worship services.
- Plan and direct the corporate worship services of NBC in consultation with the Pastors and with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, variety, sensitivity to the Spirit, constructive collaboration, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service are well-planned, rehearsed, and suited to advance the theme for the day.
- Coordinate all aspects of the worship ministry to function together cohesively, overseeing song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and other participants.
- Build and equip the teams to carry out the worship areas of NBC and NCA.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Plan and direct seasonal programs as outreach opportunities.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate excellent worship experiences in all services.
- Lead in pastoral care for all worship ministry members.
- Research and introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by conferences, books, or other ministries.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and organizations for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set, attain, evaluate, and modify short-term and long-term goals for the worship ministry that align with the vision and mission of NBC/NCA.
- Assist other staff pastors in pastoral, administrative, and other duties as required.
- Partner with Northside Christian Academy to encourage and enhance their worship program.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience and education.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org